MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Changing index / key size in Source
Posted by: Gareth Barnes
Date: March 31, 2006 06:41PM

Hi all,

First off, I am not sure that this is the correct list to post this to, if it is not, please advise and I will re-post to the suggested list.

The current index / key size definition has a maximum cap of 767 bytes in the version 5.0.19. After some digging in various places, I see that this is defined in unireg.h, MAX_KEY_LENGTH. The application that I am thinking about using will need index value sizes that are in excess of the current definition (we are using UTF8 character encoding and have strings in excess of 255 characters), and I would prefer not to have partial indecies (which is the current suggestion). Does anyone know of any serious side effects / draw backs to increasing this value? (apart from having a large index...)

Currently I am using the innodb for the file storage for a test MYSQL embedded application.

Thanks in advance,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Changing index / key size in Source
March 31, 2006 06:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.