MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

manually create myisam table .myd .frm files
Posted by: P R
Date: January 27, 2011 04:31PM

Is it possible to programmatically create a myisam table structure (.myd & .frm files) without using the mysql API?

I have a large amount of data in a compressed format that needs to be bulk-loaded into an empty myisam table. when decompressed & loaded into mysql, it results in 15+million rows, approx 4GB. Previously, I had been decompressing the data into csv format and then using 'LOAD DATA INFILE' to do the bulk insert. loading time was approx. 5-8 minutes, which is acceptable performance.

Now, I am no longer able to use the intermediate csv file/LOAD DATA INFILE method; I have to go directly from my decompression application to mysql, yet I need to match or better LOAD DATA INFILE's performance. I tried using a prepared statement with the C API, but it was far too slow, it took over an hour to load the data.

Again, I need the speed/performance of LOAD DATA INFILE, yet going directly to the database without an intermediate file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 04:32PM by P R.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
manually create myisam table .myd .frm files
P R
January 27, 2011 04:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.