MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Re: Calculate bytes stored per row for dynamic format
Posted by: Myra Lords
Date: July 04, 2012 09:44AM

Thanks for your reply!
It has index too and there will be updates/deletes. Actually I need to calculate storage capacity for the db. My db has atleast 10 tables. They have indexes, primary keys, there will be insert/updates/deletes. No triggers, no procedures.

I have to find out storage needs for my db.
I was thinking of a way to calculate the total number of bytes for these 10 tables which would give me an idea that when I install my db on a new site, it will need atleast this space (when there is 0 rows in it). Now I can scale this figure and find out storage required by multiplying this figure with the number of rows added into this table. This would give me a rough idea that in case if I have 100K rows, I would atleast need this much storage.

I am not sure if I am calculating the storage needs correctly or not. Do we have a default script in MYSQL which could calculate this storage for my schema.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Calculate bytes stored per row for dynamic format
July 04, 2012 09:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.