MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Table kept crashing
Posted by: Shane Alcock
Date: August 27, 2014 01:56AM

Good Day

I trust that this finds you in good health and going well.

(Mysql 5.5.22 on Ubuntu Linux)

I work for a company that provides POS software to certain businesses and we had a bit of a strange issue yesterday on site when we went to troubleshoot a few errors and issues.

Their software that they use mainly uses MyISAM tables etc.

They had a particular table that kept on crashing and we got hit with an error with the normal repair command so we ran the myisamchk command which restored the table in perfect condition but when ever the repair command was ran on that table it crashed again. Normally the repair command runs without any issue at all.

In the end we had to restore the table with myisamchk and then dump the entire database (in fear that this could occur to the other 500 tables that we use in the database) to a back up database where we recreated our main database and then inserted the tables form the back up database into the newly created one there after we had no problem at all with the repair command.

We had a suspicion that it could be related to the fact that MySQL creates tables and that in InnoDB storage engine by default so we placed default_storage_engine=MyISAM in the my.cnf before creating the new database and importing the structure that we use and then populating the database with the backup we made after using myisamchk.

I should note that most of our setups have been done on MySQL 5.1.54 and we are currently trying to get everything running on the latest MySQL version which we are now using 5.5.34 on Ubuntu Server 14.04.

We kinda worked around it but we don't know why this occurred as various clients that we have using this software haven't had this problem at all on the older versions of MySQL or the updated version.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me or give me a better idea on what actually caused this to happen?

Thank you,
Shane

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Table kept crashing
August 27, 2014 01:56AM
August 29, 2014 09:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.