MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Database Page Size changed from 4.0.xx to 4.1.xx?
Posted by: Andrew Blee
Date: April 19, 2005 03:56AM

Hi

I have recently upgraded MySQL from version 4.0.xx to 4.1.11. I am running on an Apple Mac G4, OS X 10.3.9. I now get a problem where importing a dump causes a "#1030 - Got error 139 from storage engine" error.

I thought originally the problem was down to the software I was using, phpMyAdmin, and posted on their forums, but it seems the problem may be down to the build of the server itself, see:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=377408&aid=1185269&group_id=23067

I use InnoDB tables, and examing my SQL command sees it is about 20k in size. I believe the following is therefore a problem:

"The default database page size in InnoDB is 16KB. By recompiling the code, you can set it to values ranging from 8KB to 64KB. You have to update the values of UNIV_PAGE_SIZE and UNIV_PAGE_SIZE_SHIFT in the univ.i source file.".

I have deleted some text from one of the fields, and when it got to just below 16k the SQL command started working. I.e. BBedit showed character count at 15784.

As I say, version 4.0.xx worked with no problems at all.

Can someone please advise.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Database Page Size changed from 4.0.xx to 4.1.xx?
April 19, 2005 03:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.