MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: ANALYZE TABLE not working correctly
Posted by: Ben Clewett
Date: October 07, 2008 01:45AM

It is a bit disappointing that serious problem I have posted to this news group over the years never get answered.

I note that SUN/MySql is one of the largest IT companies in the world, I would have thought they would be able to put forward a single member of staff to ensure postings are answered, where not replied to by the community.

For instance Microsoft, to take an example, always ensure postings to their news groups are eventually answered, even if it’s just a URL to a relevant reply or article. I don’t know what that says about MySql in comparison to Microsoft.

I have several serious InnoDB problems and questions, to which I have never had an adequate response. I would be happy with ‘fixed, please upgrade’, or ‘known bug, please wait until version foo’, or ‘this looks like a new one, please send more information’. Just any reply to indicate that MySql/InnoDB takes user problems seriously would be nice.

Some of my outstanding problems:

- ANALYZE TABLE returning garbage.

- Killing of a user through MySql sometimes causes a phantom table locks in InnoDB which can only be cleared by a server restart.

- Tables which experience high levels of delete and insert eventually become hopelessly corrupt, even if contain almost no data. Have to be OPTIMIZED which can lead to hours of downtime.

- On a databases experiencing high levels of growth, InnoDB will sit at exactly 100% CPU for hours on end without explanation.

- No adequate method has been suggested to record InnoDB buffer hit/miss rate, therefore used to determine and optimize size of buffer.

- No adequate method has been suggested for monitoring use of ib_logfile and average/max usages in bytes, again to determine optimum size.

- Mutex thrashing, the mode CPU threads are given to InnoDB, the worse the problem seems to be. Still not sure if/when then problem is/will be fixed.

If this goes on I might seriously think about using Falcon. Well, no actually not :) After all these years I am rather fond of InnoDB and MySql. I just with community users are given a little bit more support...

Regards,

Ben

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
October 03, 2008 04:36AM
Re: ANALYZE TABLE not working correctly
October 07, 2008 01:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.