MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'terminated')' at line 1
Posted by: Vlad Zuzkin
Date: December 09, 2008 05:46AM

I'm trying to write the log parser(shell script).. And i have such a problem: those 2 types of line
Dec 7 06:45:18 box anacron[5663]: Job `cron.weekly' started
Dec 7 06:45:18 box anacron[5662]: Job `cron.daily' terminated
cannot be inserted into the data base... In parameter message we keep "Job `cron.weekly' started" or "Job `cron.daily' terminated" To be more clear the insert looks like

INSERT INTO \`unix\` (\`month\`,\`day\`, \`time\`,\`host\`,\`application\`,\`message\`) \
values ('${month}','${day}','${yime}','${host}','${application}','${message}')

And then i get an error for the second log's line:
line ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'terminated')' at line 1

for the first log's line:
line ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'started')' at line 1

I'm out of ideas...
Can anyone explain what the problem is and how to solve it..

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'terminated')' at line 1
December 09, 2008 05:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.