MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: How to restore innoDB tables without ibdata1
Posted by: T.F. Seak
Date: April 03, 2009 03:51AM

> Unless you specified innodb_file_per_table=1 (and
> by default it is not specified), all table data is
> in the ibdata1 file.

I was also in the same situation as the original poster... I don't understand how on Earth they in MySql would think of putting all data in a file outside the directory.... This is purely counter-intuitive!

Usually when I update MySQL server version, I would export all the data and import them again using MySQL Administrator. But a year ago, late in the night, I uninstalled MySQL a little too fast as I hadn't exported any data. I can't remember what I had done exactly, but I vaguely remember I had installed immediately the same MySQL version back but I wasn't able to find any data back! Then I move the whole "data" directory to a save and I was busy on other things during the whole year and now I came back to this problem. But when I check the content of "ibdata1" file, it's all ZERO!! Visibly, all my data are lost! Jeez...

So, where could I specify such variable?

Hmm, every time when I install a new version of MySQL server, I have a lot of configurations to do. I think I'd better create a batch file to do such work once and for all. Anyone has any idea or link?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: How to restore innoDB tables without ibdata1
April 03, 2009 03:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.