MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Creating Database Structure
Posted by: Gültekin BUZKAN
Date: January 02, 2018 01:59PM

Hi everyone;
Im new on working with databases on the net. so im asking for your valuable helps. Im planning a project and will write codes with php and mysql. Schools or courses will create their account on my site and then they will store their, students, teachers, lessons and schdules etc. on my database. Using some queries i will organise their lesson traffic. My problem is that: should i store their data in 1 database, or should i create databases for each school? and also should i use innodb or myisam? Of course the answer is releted to my user and data traffic. I calculate it.

At the first step im planning to register about 20 schools. Each school has about 500 students so i will have 500*20=10.000 user including students. (Student may loging with their account to make an appointment for a lesson). There will be a table named: "Lessons" and all the lessons wil store on that table. Each school may have 50.000 lessons during a year so, 50.000*20 = 1.000.000 data will be stored in "Lessons" Table. And 10.000 user will use that table.

Im thinking to store all tables in one database. But im not sure. When lots of user is online, the queries may take alot of time within 1.000.000 data in "Lessons" table.

So my next plan is to create different databases for different schools and every school will connect to their database and their queries will work for their little data.

As i said i have never make a project like that and new on sql and php programming. so i have no experience. Can you please advice me what should i do. Also i must use innodb or myisam? Thanks for your helps.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Creating Database Structure
January 02, 2018 01:59PM
January 02, 2018 07:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.