MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

innodb_table_stats appears to be reporting bogus errors "length mismatch"
Posted by: Glenn Schworak
Date: September 05, 2018 06:35PM

I just restored from a binary backup. Everything is working but I keep getting this type of error about the innodb_table_stats table having a field of the wrong lenght which is totally not true.

2018-09-06T00:28:55.912190Z 2129 [ERROR] InnoDB: Column table_name in table `mysql`.`innodb_table_stats` is VARCHAR(576) NOT NULL but should be VARCHAR(192) NOT NULL (length
mismatch).
2018-09-06T00:28:55.912314Z 2129 [ERROR] InnoDB: Fetch of persistent statistics requested for table `mydatabase`.`sometable` but the required system tables mysql.innod
b_table_stats and mysql.innodb_index_stats are not present or have unexpected structure. Using transient stats instead.

That is totally untrue because I have use the SHOW CREATE TABLE to get this...

drop TABLE if exists `innodb_table_stats`;
CREATE TABLE if not exists `innodb_table_stats` (
`database_name` varchar(64) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
`table_name` varchar(192) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
`last_update` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
`n_rows` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
`clustered_index_size` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
`sum_of_other_index_sizes` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`database_name`,`table_name`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin STATS_PERSISTENT=0

And to be sure that something wasn't weird, I even dropped the table and used that command to rebuild it after I verified it had dropped.

So what the heck is going on? And more importantly, how the heck do I fix it?

Thanks you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
innodb_table_stats appears to be reporting bogus errors "length mismatch"
September 05, 2018 06:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.