MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

MySQL 8.0 - Recover data from .IBD files after server failure (with files backup)
Posted by: Serge Boulet-Gendron
Date: February 20, 2023 10:33AM

Greetings,

Recently the MySQL server I was using crashed (8.0), motherboard failure and NTFS corruption on the drive (Windows Server).

I had all the files backed up fortunately, so I thought I would be able to restart the server and recreate the databases without a lot of issues, but apparently I was quite wrong.

I was able to find the tables structures by using the ibd2sdi.exe executable from C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin successfully but then, whenever I tried to get the data back with:

Creating the schema
Creating the tables
Running ALTER TABLE table_name DISCARD TABLESPACE
Copying the backup up .IBD file from the old server
Running ALTER TABLE table_name IMPORT TABLESPACE

I always get an error:

"Error Code: 1808. Schema mismatch (CFG file is missing and source table is found to have row versions. CFG file is must to IMPORT tables with row versions.)"

Unfortunately, after searching online, I did not find how to resolve that and I tried to search for alternative sources or software to recover data from .IBD files without a lot of success (I tried Stellar Repair for MySQL and DBRecover for MySQL for example).

Is there any other tool or way to get the data back from those MySQL 8.0 .IBD files please? May you help me out with this?

Thank you for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL 8.0 - Recover data from .IBD files after server failure (with files backup)
February 20, 2023 10:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.