MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

MySQL Server Crash with Exception Code 0xc0000005
Posted by: Mahesh Mahawar
Date: August 17, 2023 08:02PM

Hello MySQL community,

I'm encountering a persistent issue with my MySQL server crashing unexpectedly, and I'm seeking assistance in diagnosing and resolving this problem. The server crash is accompanied by the exception code 0xc0000005, which I believe is an access violation error. I've included relevant details about the issue below:

Description:

MySQL Server Version: 8.0.34
Operating System: Windows Server
Issue: MySQL server crashes intermittently with the exception code 0xc0000005.
Crash Trigger: MySQL Innodb Cluster
Error Message:

mysqld got exception 0xc0000005 ;
Most likely, you have hit a bug, but this error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
Thread pointer: 0x1ac4e52a2a0
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
7ff9edc62533 group_replication.dll!???
7ff9edc67d37 group_replication.dll!???
7ff9edc61f8b group_replication.dll!???
7ff9edc65999 group_replication.dll!???
7ff6e9ddcff9 mysqld.exe!?my_init_dynamic_array@@YA_NPEAUDYNAMIC_ARRAY@@IIPEAXII@Z()
7ff6e984ac0c mysqld.exe!?my_thread_self_setname@@YAXPEBD@Z()
7ffa10fa1bb2 ucrtbase.dll!_configthreadlocale()
7ffa122e7614 KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk()
7ffa132e26b1 ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart()

Trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort.
Query (0):
Connection ID (thread ID): 21

Steps Taken:

I've checked the MySQL bug reports and forums, but I couldn't find a similar reported issue.
I've upgraded MySQL to the latest stable version [Version number], but the issue persists.
I've run hardware diagnostics to ensure there are no hardware malfunctions.
Configuration:

I've reviewed my MySQL configuration files and ensured that recommended settings are in place.
I'm not using any custom code, plugins, or extensions that could be causing the crash.

Troubleshooting:

I've tried reproducing the issue in a controlled environment, but the crash seems to occur randomly.
I'm looking for guidance on how to diagnose the root cause of the crash and potential solutions.
Request:
I kindly request the assistance of the MySQL community in helping me troubleshoot and resolve this issue. If you've encountered a similar problem or have expertise in debugging MySQL crashes, I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or steps I should take to further investigate and resolve this issue.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Server Crash with Exception Code 0xc0000005
August 17, 2023 08:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.