MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

Re: Spatial data in MYSQL for Mapinfo
Posted by: Peter Yuill
Date: May 06, 2006 05:28PM

My understanding is that Mapinfo support for WFS is quite stable, just that Mapinfo Pro insists that the versions of WFS and GML protocols advertised by the WFS server need to be exactly what it expects. I found this reference in the 7.8 release notes:
>>>>
• The server must support V1.0.0 of WFS. The MapInfo Professional WFS client will send
the initial GetCapabilities and specify version 1.0.0. The server returns a GetCapabilities
response that includes a version number. If the version returned by the server is not 1.0.0,
then the MapInfo WFS client cannot use that server. No further operations will be allowed
from that server.
• The server must respond to GetCapabilities using HTTP GET. The response must be in
XML, and as noted above, must be V1.0.0.
• The server must be able to respond to the GetFeature request by returning GML2 (OGC
GML V2.1.1). This information should be contained in the GetCapabilities response from
the server. If the server does not claim to use GML2 as the Result Format for GetFeature,
then the MapInfo WFS client can not use the server and no further operations will be
allowed.
<<<<

GeoServer does support WFS 1.0.0 and GML2, so I think it should work fine.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Spatial data in MYSQL for Mapinfo
May 06, 2006 05:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.