MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Stability and performance issue after 4.0 to 4.1 upgrade.
Posted by: Wolfgang Blauen
Date: March 04, 2005 01:08PM

I am having performance and stability problems with an existing application written in VB6 after an upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.1.10.
The application uses the ODBC (3.51) connector to retrieve data from and update data in a MySQL database that was created in version 4.0.1.

Performance:
After an upgrade to Version 4.1.10 (and/or 4.1.0) the application has significant performance problems.
I have tested all hardware, OS (W2K) and network components and the server performs perfectly.
All tables are myISAM type with a mixture of fixed and dynamic row types.

Stability:
This is by far the more serious problem that showed up:

There seems to be some cross linking between records. i.e: "Select name, number from service where extrefno=436;" returns an empty record set while "Select name, number from service where extrefno>435 and extrefno<437;" returns the correct record (only ole exists in the table). An update query with the "... where extrefno=436 ... " clause resports 37 updated records (should be only 1 because “extrefno” is the primary key on the table). Similar things happen on deletes.
I’ve tried to dump the database and get an error number 23: “out of resources …” on several tables.
Dropping the tables resolves the issue but (naturally) I loose the data .
"Repair table ... extended" or "myisamcheck ..." do not find any problems and do not resolve the issue.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Stability and performance issue after 4.0 to 4.1 upgrade.
March 04, 2005 01:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.