MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally after changing innod_db_log_file_size
Posted by: Area sistemi Ripartizione Informatica
Date: October 07, 2013 03:01AM

> Sorry, I don't have a 'straight' answer. Here are some comments.

>> Database was not shut down normally!
> Only a graceful shutdown should be done when changing log_file_size.

I just did this through mysql start/stop service (and in the log I can see that shutdown did ok)

> I am skeptical about innodb_fast_shutdown = 0. I feel that the logfiles have important information, and crash recovery is not clean.

Well, from what I have read innodb_fast_shutdown = 0 should be a more "conservative" (safer) option (mysql should take more time to shutdown but this is not my problem). However I did the resize with innodb_fast_shutdown=0 and innodb_fast_shutdown=1 and the results are always the same (crash recovery at startup).

>> Initializing buffer pool, size = 8.0M
>An old default. Much to small a setting for innodb_buffer_pool_size for all but trivial installations.

Yes, this is default of my 5.1 installation.

> Log file ./ib_logfile0 did not exist: new to be created
>Yes. You removed them to cause it to rebuild with a new size.
Ok. This is obviously the expected behavior.

Have you ever tried to resize innodb_log_file_size? Have you ever encountered the "warning" appeared in my log file (that is, in short words, crash recovery)?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally after changing innod_db_log_file_size
October 07, 2013 03:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.