MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Horrible MySql performance?
Posted by: Patrick Hogan
Date: March 23, 2017 10:39PM

I'm hoping I'm just missing something but I can't seem to figure out how to speed up my "small" MySQL database. It only has 1 table but 6 million rows. I am doing a stock history database. I put an index on it but it's crazy slow to query. My "quotes" table has 7 columns (symbol, date_end, open, high, low, ajdclose, volume). Date is a date field and the rest are varchar. Select count(*) from quotes; 6,034,154 records took 16:33 minutes That seems really slow even though there are tons of rows. I have a primary index on both the date_end and the Symbol column so that i only have a single row for any symbol/date. I see 3 indexes (date_end primary, symbol is primary and "symbol_index" is the one i made for both columns.) I only created 1 so not sure where the others came from. I am hoping there is some easy index or something I can create to get my queries to be faster. Any ideas? I can give more details if needed.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Horrible MySql performance?
March 23, 2017 10:39PM
March 24, 2017 12:52AM
March 24, 2017 09:18AM
March 24, 2017 09:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.