MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: get connection very slowly
Posted by: STARYNKEVITCH Basile
Date: December 14, 2004 12:24AM

peter yu wrote:

> I have meet a big problem, I have install latest mysql 4.1.7 on windows 2000. then I need
> about 15 seconds to connect to the server by mysql.exe or via jdbc from a client pc. do you
> have any idea on it?

Did you consider running your MySQL server on a Linux system. MySQL was (AFAIK) designed for Linux (or Unix), and there are many (maybe millions) Linux systems running MySQL. Most Linux distributions come with a MySQL server already, that you have just to install and configure.

Thanks God, I never had to use a Microsoft product (but I am using Linux since 1993). Maybe you have a network or DNS problem?

I really suggest installing your MySQL server on a Linux machine. Of course, the client applications can be (if absolutely needed) Microsoft systems. If you never worked with Linux, take time to learn it (at least by taking several hours to read books) before installing it, or ask for help (e.g. by paying consultancy).

You should probably know that LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) is a dominant and reliable plateform (when properly used and configured). It should assure you that Linux & MySQL are very common...

So really, consider switching to Linux on your server.

(I am not a MySQL expert and never used it in production. I am more a developer than anything else).

--
Basile STARYNKEVITCH :::: http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
December 13, 2004 08:34PM
Re: get connection very slowly
December 14, 2004 12:24AM
December 15, 2004 01:31PM
December 16, 2004 05:37AM
December 16, 2004 05:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.