MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: Database having 10K transactions on daily basis
Posted by: James Day
Date: December 29, 2004 09:09PM

Several possibilities but using a master-slave setup is one of the better ways. If your application supports it you can easily add as any slaves as you need to handle the reads, while the master only needs to deal with the writes.

Since you mention transactions I assume that you're using the InnoDB engine. That can be helped by a write buffering disk controller and/or by putting the log files on different drives from the database.

There are many sections in the manual which discuss performance tuning for queries. Looking at the slow query log or using the free third party tool MYTOP and sorting its results into decreasing time order with the i option can help you to identify troublesome queries.

Using ALTER TABLE ENGINE=INNODB (asusming you use innoDB) can make a significant difference, particularly for tables with very regular changes of the data stored in each row. You might experiment to find the best frequency for using it. In my case I can see some visible benefits even doing it daily on some tables, while others can wait a month.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Database having 10K transactions on daily basis
December 29, 2004 09:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.