MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

missing cluster tables
Posted by: Jamie Richardson
Date: September 27, 2006 12:09PM

I’ve been testing a MySQL cluster (version 5.0.22) in our environment. I was getting an error telling me to increase MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations. I update the config.ini file on my management server. From my understanding when updating the config.ini file the cluster nodes need to be restarted with ndbd -–initial. I ran a kill -9 on the PID’s and then restarted the nodes with ndbd -–initial. I got the following error in ndb_mgm:

ndb_mgm> Node 2: Forced node shutdown completed. Occured during startphase 4. Initiated by signal 0. Caused by error 6303: 'Unable to find a restorable replica(Ndbd file system inconsistency error, please report a bug). Ndbd file system error, restart node initial
Node 3: Forced node shutdown completed. Occured during startphase 2. Initiated by signal 0. Caused by error 2308: 'Another node failed during system restart, please investigate error(s) on other node(s)(Restart error). Temporary error, restart node'.

I killed the node processes again and restarted them. This time everything came up fine but I cannot see any of the tables that were stored on the cluster! Did calling ndbd -–initial drop the stored tables? I could swear I’ve read that after making changes to the config.ini file nodes should be brought up with the -–initial option to grab changes from the management server. I’ve restarted the sqld that connects to the cluster and still see nothing. Are my tables gone? Is there a way to see what tables the nodes are storing? What would be the proper way to make changes to the config.ini file on a running system?

Thanks,

Jamie

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
missing cluster tables
September 27, 2006 12:09PM
September 27, 2006 05:13PM
September 27, 2006 08:35PM
September 27, 2006 09:48PM
September 29, 2006 10:00AM
October 05, 2006 07:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.