MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Clustering and multiple masters
Posted by: Derek Clarkson
Date: December 10, 2006 11:50PM

My work wants to achieve the following scenario:

* Multiple independent servers containing a full copy of the software and database.
* Complete replication between servers so that any server can view the full set of data.
* All servers acting as local database servers for physically local users.
* Each server having the ability to run without a connection to the rest and still be able to accept updates.
* Auto syncing of updates when a server reconnects to server group.

To look into this I've been playing with clustering. I setup two machines with each machine having a mysqld, ndbd and ndb_mgmd instance running. The config.ini lists each servers services.

I found that I could get this to sort of work, however updates where being lost depending on which ndbd got started first. The second would of course simply start acting as a backup and see the firsts data rather that loading up it's own data, collecting the changes and then updating the first ndbd instance. So it appears that clustering cannot handle a situation where a network of servers gets split and rejoined. Unless of course, my simulations have a flaw ;-)

Anyone have any ideas ?

Derek

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Clustering and multiple masters
December 10, 2006 11:50PM
December 11, 2006 07:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.