MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

some issues
Posted by: Thilo Raufeisen
Date: February 19, 2005 02:50PM

Some issues

Hi,
I´m testing with the mysql-cluster.
One of my tests was creating a simple table and fire masses of data in it.
After a few thousand rows, i got the "table is full" - error.
Ok, the cluster stores the data in memory, so the "DataMemory" was full. No problem to increase it.

1)
But: How can I determinate how much RAM/Space is left for the cluster, so that I´ve enough time to modify the DataMemory-variable or order a new storagenode/RAM?

2)
The next problem is speed.
I´ve a little script, that inserts 500.000 rows of data with a simple insert-statement in a loop.
On an athlon xp 3000 with 2 Gig RAM and a "normal" mysqld, this takes around 55 seconds.
The same script takes around 10 minutes on my test-cluster.
This test-cluster has 1 managment, 2 storage and 2 mysql. the storage and the mysql are on the same server. The "NoOfReplicas" is "2".

I´ve read in this forum, that using transactions and inserting multiple rows in one insert-statement would help a lot.
So I´ve modified the testscript, so it inserts 70 rows with one insert-statement. It also uses transactions and it commits each 100 insert-statement. So 7.000 new rows in a commit.
The script now takes around 70 seconds.
This seems good for me, because the clusterhardware only has an athlon xp 2600 with 1 gig ram. The script is also connecting with tcp/ip instead of socket as before.
Then I´ve added 2 additional nodes to the cluster.

Both act as storagenode. The "NoOfReplicas" is still "2".

After adding this 2 new nodes, the script doesn´t run faster.
I thought that the cluster is getting faster, when adding new nodes?

3)
adding new nodes.
What is the "perfect way" for adding new storagenodes?
I found only 1 way:
backup all data, stop the nodes, re-start the management with the new configuration, start all nodes with --initial, restore the backup

best regards

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
some issues
February 19, 2005 02:50PM
February 21, 2005 08:07AM
February 21, 2005 01:44PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.