MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Error code 1205 #HY000 - Lock wait timeout exceeded. Try restarting transaction.
Posted by: missy hogan
Date: March 21, 2005 02:41PM

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me.

I have 4 servers running MySQL Cluster. All of them are the data nodes as well as the API nodes. One of the servers is also housing the management node. We have a load balancer sitting in front of the servers to spread the requests to the individual APIs so we only have one IP address our client software uses.

We have the cluster up and running successfully until we actually try to use it in production. When we attempt to query the database, it works successfully when only one of our clients tries to connect. The minute we try to have more than one of our client boxes connect, we get 'Error code 1205 #HY000 - Lock wait timeout exceeded. Try restarting transaction.' The clients are running the same query or similar queries on the same tables. If we try to run a different query with multiple clients connected, we do not seem to get the error (although that has not been heavily tested).

We have tried to use the LOCK WITH SHARE on the tables when we query them, but that does not seem to work.

We are using 4.1.9.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Have a wonderful day,
Missy Hogan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Error code 1205 #HY000 - Lock wait timeout exceeded. Try restarting transaction.
March 21, 2005 02:41PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.