MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: who can tell me what is the biggest size data that mysql-cluster can store by NDB engine without losting its auto-sharding and auto partitioning and other functions?
Posted by: George lin
Date: April 04, 2016 09:20AM

Dear MySQL-cluster's authors,

I find an info from the address of https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-cluster-ndb-innodb-engines.html

the page says NDB storage limits " 3TB

(Practical upper limit based on 48 data nodes with 64GB RAM each; can be increased with disk-based data and BLOBs) "

if the 48 data has only 2 node group, then can 24 machine's NDB data nodes only store 3TB=3000GB data? that is 1 NDB data node can only store 3000GB/24=125GB data? is this info true? nowaday's normal 1 disk have over 500GB storage space, it is incredible.

"... can be increased with disk-based data and BLOBs) ": does this mean that
if we define only one column primary key and other columns as disk-storage-data, then the total cluster can increase storage? then how many is the biggest data that MySQL cluster can store exactly?

Oracle&MCluster lover: Georgelin,
Share monthly salary with the person who recommend a big-data relative job to me now,
Personal cross platform website: www.gloCalHelp.com(Official) or glocalhelp.servebeer.com(temp),
Mobile: 0086 180 500 42436 or 156 6865 8383

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.