MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Intermittent Packet loss on MySQL 5.5 Server
Posted by: Vishal Kumar
Date: June 28, 2016 05:49AM

Recently I have upgraded the the MySQL from 5.1 to 5.5 on RHEL6.

After the update there seems to be some intermittent disconnections between App and DB Server. Both the servers are communicating on the Private IP's and there are no IPTABLES or other firewalls running.

To check the same just tried pinging the DB Server from APP Server on port 3306 and regular ping. While there are few packet loss on the MySQL port where as I don't observer any packet loss on the regular ping to server.

To check the same I have downgraded to MySQL5.1 again and every thing seems to be working fine. There is no drop in the connection as well as no packet loss in the ping to MySQL port.

Basically these are the virtual machines running on VMware. I have tried building new virtual machine and installed MySQL5.5 directly on it. And observer the same packet loss on the MySQL port.

these is where i am struck with kindly let me know how can i go forward to get to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks
Vishal

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Intermittent Packet loss on MySQL 5.5 Server
June 28, 2016 05:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.