MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: Forced shutdown of data node immediately after completion of restart
Posted by: Shawn Hogan
Date: September 22, 2021 09:51AM

Thanks for the response, it's much appreciated.

Just to be clear, the option for blocking pushdown joins is at the SQL node level via "optimizer_switch=engine_condition_pushdown=off", right?

Should I make an official bug report in the bug system? Or is there some way to follow this bug so we know when it's fixed "officially" in a release?

It does seem crazy to me that something as simple as a pushdown join (enabled by default) will cause data nodes to be unable to restart. After our previous attempt to upgrade to 8.0 failed spectacularly (wrecked entire cluster, requiring restoration of backup) due to a different bug. We waited 18 months to let bugs settle and now pushdown joins make it fail. Thankfully, this wasn't as catastrophic as the previous upgrade attempt (rolled back to 7.6 and restarted data node with --initial, so no user downtime).

That being said, I love ndbcluster except for major version upgrades (they seem to be less than a 50% chance of working as expected over the last decade). I am however super appreciative of how quickly you guys are able to pinpoint whatever the problem is each time and get it sorted out.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Forced shutdown of data node immediately after completion of restart
September 22, 2021 09:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.