MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: Error 1064 Duplicate entry 'ndbcluster-96' for key 'tables.engine'
Posted by: Duarte Patricio
Date: January 19, 2024 10:03AM

> i use the SELECT but no rows with id 96, and no duplicate entry in here.

OK, that means it is not in the NDB data dictionary (DD), but only on the MySQL DD as a stale definition.

> there are many duplicate tables_name i dunno if this is normal

Not normal, but the key is the table_id, and that should be unique. Maybe what it needs is a dictionary cleanup with a restart (more on that below).

> 2024-01-19T14:11:57.534907Z 0 [Note] [MY-010866] [Server] NDB Metadata: Failed to submit table 'mysql.ndb_apply_status' for synchronization

That is indicating that both ndb_binlog thread and metadata sync thread are both attempting to synchronize the ndb_apply_status table. Should not be relevant to the issue you're seeing in creating a table.

While trying to setup a dev/staging environment, you can always restart each MySQL server and let it resync its DD with NDB. The DD is local to each MySQL server so it should remove stale definitions from its local storage that clash with NDB tables.

If the problem persists, you can always do a fresh-reset on MySQL server which does clean every entry in DD. One MySQL server at a time. Then on startup, the MySQL server will sync NDB DD properly. Remember to backup MySQL server data in that case (if you have such).

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.