MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

[ERROR] Slave: Error 'Invalid use of group function' on query.
Posted by: Kurt Schell
Date: December 12, 2005 11:01AM

Okay, odd problem here. I recently setup a replication server and now I'm getting this error. The Master server is not giving this error, and of course the SQL on the slave is coming directly from the master, but it's spitting out the 1111 error.

Here's the SQL that it's choking on, which when ran by itself on the master runs fine, but on the slave gives the error:

051209 18:20:05 [ERROR] Slave: Error 'Invalid use of group function' on query. Default database: 'review_amazon'. Query: 'replace into editorial_reviews (asin, review, timestamp) values ('0345348109', '\"My favorite historical novel...A superb re-creation of the Battle of Gettysburg, but its real importance is its insight into what the war was about, and what it meant.\"<br>JAMES M. McPHERSON<br>Author of BATTLE CRY OF FREEDOM<br>Winner of the 1975 Pulitzer Prize for fiction<br>In the four most bloody and courageous days of our nation\'s history, two armies fought for two dreams. One dreamed of freedom, the other of a way of life. Far more than rifles and bullets were carried into battle. There were memories. There were promises. There was love. And far more than men fell on those Pennsylvania fields. Shattered futures, forgotten innocence, and crippled beauty were also the casualties of war. Unique, sweeping, an unforgettable, THE KILLER ANGELS is a dramatic re-creation of the battleground for America\'s destiny.', now())', E

I'm also not sure where the ", E" at the very end came from, and if somehow that's causing the problem.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
[ERROR] Slave: Error 'Invalid use of group function' on query.
December 12, 2005 11:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.