MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

High Speed Transactions with 1Gbps private network
Posted by: Joshua Butcher
Date: September 23, 2006 03:17PM

I am trying to figure out the next/best database strategy for my company. Clustering while it is nice and speedy, still has some draw backs, such as no full text indexes and everything being in memory. I am designing a MySQL schema that is to feed both a virual online gaming world (virtual commerce) and some specific website transactions (IE, you can purchase credits on the web for use as money inside the game). I would prefer to use ultra beefy, ultra high speed replication to ensure this, rather than clustering. It seems easier to manage, easier to maintain and easier to recover from in case of an oops and the hardware would cost less than having to buy machines with 32G or 48G of ram each in them. I have designed a replication scheme that could use multiple masters and multiple slaves, but they seem to think there could be latency. I have a full 1G switch behind the scenes dedicated to just that traffic.

Thoughts/Suggestions? I would be happy to hear them. I am prepared to tell then to spend the money for the clustering hardware, if there is not a viable solution to be found with replication.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
High Speed Transactions with 1Gbps private network
September 23, 2006 03:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.