MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

authentication and hostnames
Posted by: Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
Date: March 01, 2010 10:24PM

Hi,
Over the weekend I played with mysql-mmm and ran into some authentication troubles when setting up two master servers (cluster1.test.dev and cluster2.test.dev, both defined in /etc/hosts on both machines).
What I did was I set up the required user accounts with "myuser@'%'" in the hope that this would be interpreted as "user 'myuser' from anywhere" but apparently that is not the case.
When I tried to connect from the same host I got an "access denied" and that only went away when I also added a grant for "myuser@localhost". Then I tried to access the account from the second master and again I got "access denied". This time I had to explicitly add a grant for "myuser@cluster2.bw.dev" before things worked.

My question is why the '%' wildcard grant didn't work? Having to specify 3 different grants to access the same account seems to be very redundant in this case (Later I want to use something like "myuser@192.168.2.%").

Regards,
Dennis

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
authentication and hostnames
March 01, 2010 10:24PM
March 24, 2010 09:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.