MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

replication stops on sql-syntax-errors
Posted by: Hermann Kuffner
Date: April 06, 2012 11:28AM

I configured a master/slave replication between a master (Mysql 4.1.10a, SuSe 9.3/32Bit) and a slave (Mysql 5.1.49-3, Debian Lenni 64Bit).
The master gets data from different apps with different kinds of connection (odbc, jdbc, native drivers, php ...) one or more of this apps are generating compined sql-statements to manipulate data i.e.: 'insert into archive select from addresses where id = 123;delete from addresses where id = 123'.
Unfortunately the app puts a cr (chr 13) between the parts of the statement so that it looks like:
'insert into archive select from addresses where id = 123;<cr>
delete from addresses where id = 123'
The master-server has no problem with it, he ignores the cr and processes the statements without error, but the slave server cannot work with it, as soon as the above statement comes from the master - he stops the slave sql threat with sql syntax error 1067.
Is there a way to filter the bin-log entries, so that I can delete such unallowed characters?
Or do anyone have any other idea, how I could solve this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
replication stops on sql-syntax-errors
April 06, 2012 11:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.