MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

large amount of Files in c:\programdata\mysql\mysql server 8.0\data
Posted by: Rick Deemer
Date: February 23, 2019 04:51PM

I have a new install of mysql8.0 and I am grabbing data from an old table out of necessity using Navicat and I am getting a large amount of files in the c:\programdata\mysql\mysql server 8.0\data directory that is filling up the drive. The files are named BBGL7CDH2-bin.###### and currently from 000083-000224.
In my research I have found that I can delete these and have tried both the mysql> PURGE BINARY LOGS TO and the mysql> PURGE BINARY LOGS BEFORE commands only to receive the message that the Target log is not found in the binlog index. So I looked at the index file and all of the files above are are listed in that index. So I researched that problem and I have found the RESET MASTER command that was suggested but that does not do anything either. I ran into this problem once before and I naively deleted the files and had to scramble to get it working once again

So at this point I am stuck and need to still clear off this data so that this unit does continue working. In a jam here and need some guidance if you will.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
large amount of Files in c:\programdata\mysql\mysql server 8.0\data
February 23, 2019 04:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.