MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

replication over ssl
Posted by: Ivan Chow
Date: June 09, 2005 05:00AM

i have been working successfully with client-server connection over ssl while i compiled my mysql binaries from source myself with --with-vio and --with-openssl.

now i am working with replication over ssl, but i found there is little documentation in this area. I used the same set of ssl cert and key to this replication model , but i found i cant have my server starts with replication over ssl ready.

at the slave machine, 'show slave status' always comes with 'MASTER_SSL_ALLOWED: NO' and it means my replication master is not ssl ready. I read through the documents and found some settings related which are 'master-ca', 'master-cert' and 'master-key' like those 'ssl-ca', 'ssl-cert', 'ssl-key'.

then i go back to master machine, i start mysqld with --master-ca=/root/openssl/cacert.pem , the problem appears. An error occurs saying unknown variables 'master-ca'. It seems that my mysqld is not compiled with this feature.

Can anybody tell me what's going wrong with it and can anybody share with me the experience.

ivan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
replication over ssl
June 09, 2005 05:00AM
June 09, 2005 05:07AM
June 21, 2005 11:00AM
June 22, 2005 08:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.