MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

mysql crash while creating dump
Posted by: Julia Spiegel
Date: July 07, 2006 07:15AM

hi all,
i'm searching the whole forum + bugdatabase since yesterday but didn't find something similar to my problem:

i very often create a dump via
mysqldump -u<user> -p <databasename> > d:\wwwroot\Default\_mysql\dump_20060707.sql
and it always works fine.

we are running a master windows server 2003 sp1 with iis, php 5.1.1 and mysql server 4.1.15 with mysql-replication and a slave-server with the same context at our customer.

twice i wanted to create a dump at the master-server, the whole mysql-service crashed during dumping. the dump just got a size of about 200kb (normally 10mb).

i couldn't just stop the mysql-service afterwards but had to kill it via the task manager. afterwards i retried to create a dump and everything worked fine...
since the last crash yesterday i am trying to rebuild the error but all dumps work fine.
but the crash happend twice now, first time last week when i created a dump via phpmyadmin and yesterday when i created a dump via command-line.

there are no errors in mysql-log, phperror-log or webserver-log. because i couldn't rebuild the crash, i am sorry i can't give you any SHOW TABLE STATUS or else... and unfortunately i deleted the 200kb-dump..

we can't upgrade to a newer version of mysql because the software (a CMS) doesn't work with newer versions.

hopefully someone had a similar problem...
thanks alot
jule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2006 07:17AM by Julia Spiegel.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql crash while creating dump
July 07, 2006 07:15AM
July 09, 2006 10:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.