MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

What will happened if I haven't lock the table while restore and backup
Posted by: Jimmy Chan
Date: November 03, 2005 01:20AM

Hi all,

I am new in mySQL, now my Windows Server 2003 installed the 4.1.14 version, and I downloaded the MySQL Administrator Tool 1.1.3 for management the mySQL under Windows ...

I just don't understand well of the MySQL Administrator Tool 1.1.3's setting under the "Backup" --> Advanced Options", it let me choose InnoDB Online Backup and "Lock all tables"

My mySQL have InnoDB table and MyISAM table too.

I am just wonder and don't understand, if my server is running, I want to backup the MyISAM table databse, but haven't choose "Lock all tables" under MySQL Administrator Tool 1.1.3, and "Execute Backup Now" button, what will happened if outside (Internet) have many user reading (Click the web page), or writeing (Write something to the database) ... Do the backup will failed?? How about the reading and writeing if on the restore processing? Also will be failed or error?

Above is MyISAM, how about InnoDB table, while outside had reading or writeing something on the database?

Or I need stop the mySQL, isolate outside user can't reading and writeing , then can backup and restore the mySQL 4.1 database??

My database hold multi database in it, what is the way you backup mySQL with MySQL Administrator Tool?

Thx

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
What will happened if I haven't lock the table while restore and backup
November 03, 2005 01:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.