Posted by: Nickias Kienle
Date: June 21, 2012 07:43AM

Hey Rick,

thanks a lot for the quick reply.

> If you are using InnoDB only, then buffer_pool =
> 1400M, key_buffer = 50M
Tried that, but it had no effect.

> What were the args on mysqldump? One of them
> specifies batched INSERTs vs one row per INSERT.
I am using the standard mysqldump statement: mysqldump -u username -p database > dumpfile
As I understand it this command automatically adds the -opt parameter. Might that be a problem? But then again, the same dump file runs very quickly on a parallel server.
I used exactly that statement for a couple of years now on different servers and it was never a problem. Only now with mysql 5.5.24 in its current configuration it takes much longer to insert the dump.

> > FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0
> So, the FK checks are turned off during the load.
> (Good.)
>
> > manually switch them off (SET statement on they
> mysql console) and insert the dump
> Your action was overridden by the dump.
I am a bit confused about this answer. Doesn't /*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */; save the FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS value into the OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS variable before the dump happens and after the dump is done, the /*!40014 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS */; sets the FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS back to the original value? So if I set FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS to 0 before running the insert, shouldn't the FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS values be 0 again?
At the moment, if I set the FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS to 0 and insert the dump file the value of FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS afterwards is 1.

> SHOW CREATE TABLE
| table1 | CREATE TABLE `table1` (
`primary_key` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`field1` longtext CHARACTER SET latin1 NOT NULL,
`field2` varchar(50) CHARACTER SET latin1 NOT NULL,
`field3` longtext CHARACTER SET latin1 NOT NULL,
`field4` longtext CHARACTER SET latin1 NOT NULL,
`field5` text CHARACTER SET latin1,
`field6` longtext CHARACTER SET latin1,
`field7` varchar(25) NOT NULL,
`field8` longtext CHARACTER SET latin1,
`field9` int(11) DEFAULT '-1',
`field10` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
`field11` text CHARACTER SET latin1,
`field12` text CHARACTER SET latin1 NOT NULL,
`field13` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1',
`field14` varchar(25) CHARACTER SET latin1 NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Unknown',
`field15` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1',
PRIMARY KEY (`primary_key`),
UNIQUE KEY `field7_field12` (`field7`,`field12`(25)),
KEY `field15` (`field15`),
KEY `field9` (`field9`),
CONSTRAINT `field15_tbl2` FOREIGN KEY (`field15`) REFERENCES `table2` (`primary_key`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE NO ACTION,
CONSTRAINT `field9_tbl3` FOREIGN KEY (`field9`) REFERENCES `table3` (`primary_key`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE NO ACTION
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=179616 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 |

> SHOW TABLE STATUS
+-----------+--------+---------+------------+--------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+-------------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+
| Name | Engine | Version | Row_format | Rows | Avg_row_length | Data_length | Max_data_length | Index_length | Data_free | Auto_increment | Create_time | Update_time | Check_time | Collation | Checksum | Create_options | Comment |
+-----------+--------+---------+------------+--------+----------------+-------------+-----------------+--------------+-----------+----------------+---------------------+-------------+------------+-----------------+----------+----------------+---------+
| table1 | InnoDB | 10 | Compact | 126117 | 611 | 77168640 | 0 | 14204928 | 14680064 | 179616 | 2012-06-21 10:00:02 | NULL | NULL | utf8_general_ci | NULL | | |

I hope that gives you more insight!
Thanks a lot!
Cheers!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
June 19, 2012 09:21AM
June 20, 2012 07:44PM
Re: mysqldump insert very slow
June 21, 2012 07:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.