MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

About blob and hex number in mysqldump.
Posted by: Yuqian Yang
Date: February 27, 2020 10:00AM

I'm currently working for a mysql-to-sqlite script. Mysqldump is used to generate dump sql, which then is converted into sqlite-compatible version. And I run into a problem about blob.
Since it sometimes breaks when mysqldump deal with blob, so I suggest users of the script to always specify --hex-blob. Then the blob will be presented in hex number form. And I will convert the hex number into the compatible version, blob literal of sqlite.
However due to the limit of sqlite, it will not convert blob literal back into a number even if the column is of type number.
So my question is: Is it possible for mysqldump to generate hex number for columns of other type besides blob type?
If it is not, then it will be easy for me to write the script in a simple way by just do text processing. Or I need to do much more complex analyzing for the column type.

Thank you very much!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
About blob and hex number in mysqldump.
February 27, 2020 10:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.