MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Database Encryption..Browser?
Posted by: Kyle Sheldon
Date: February 03, 2005 01:56PM

Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing an application that requires the data to be stored to be encrypted. For security reasons, I would like the data to be stored as it's encrypted equivalent. So when browsing the database through a program like Administrator or CC that I would actually see encrypted data, and not unencrypted.

The problem arrises when the admin, like myself, would have to manually edit some fields in the database in real time (for testing purposes). -I- would see the encrypted data, when I want to see the data for what it really is.

I currently use a php class for my encryption, but when administrating the database I just see the encrypted gibberish. Beyond writing my own mySQL browser, is there any solution to this type of situation? I want to be able to have my data secure, so when hackers come in they see gibberish, but I also want to be able to view my data without it being gibberish.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time,

Kyle

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Database Encryption..Browser?
February 03, 2005 01:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.