MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Build MySQL 4.1.9 with SSL support
Posted by: Oleg Burlachenko
Date: February 11, 2005 03:16AM

I built MySQL server from the source with enabled HAVE_OPENSSL. I've tried to test this build and fall into situation when MySQL server closes the connection because of timeout after short period of time(5 sec). I checked all the related server variables and they setup by default with reasonable timeout. I debug the server code and found out that connection timeout(5sec) fires after connection phase, when server waits for incomming command. I looked into viossl.c and found following code:
void vio_ssl_timeout(Vio *vio __attribute__((unused)),
uint timeout __attribute__((unused)))
{
/* Not yet implemented (non critical) */
}
I copied implementation of this method from viosocket.c and seems like it fixes the issue.

I tested server with client that uses libmySQL.dll from this build it works OK, without timeout issue. My components use direct access to MySQL server and implements connection protocol. The difference is that LibMySQL uses 41 version of protocol, but my components implement older version.

Can someone comment, please, why it's "non critical"(server doesn't work without it in my case)? If it's "non critical", what should I do to make server working?
Can I use SSL using older version of server protocol then 41?

regards,
Oleg

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Build MySQL 4.1.9 with SSL support
February 11, 2005 03:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.