MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Stored procedures disappear
Posted by: Clive Wickham
Date: December 18, 2009 11:02AM

Dear All,

I recently had cause to modify an existing Stored Procedure in MySQL Administrator so I selected the appropriate routine and clicked Edit Stored Proc. I was rather alarmed when a blank "MySQL SQL Editor" window appeared - it looked like my routine definition had been wiped. However, I soon realised that the routine was very much alive and well when I called it via the MySQL Query Browser and it returned the expected result set.

I eventually worked out that this behaviour seems to be related to the "Definer" field. All of my routines have Definer set to the same username (which has the necessary privileges granted) but different hostnames (as my laptop moves between work and home). It is when the Definer contains a hostname/IP address different to the one I am currently using, that I am unable to view my existing routines.

Unfortunately, my IP address at home is dynamically allocated by my ISP so the hostname found in the Definer field is likely to change daily, assuming I've created or edited a routine that day.

So my question is this:
How do I ensure that I can access the definitions of all my routines via the username found in the Definer field, regardless of hostname/ip address?

Your advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Clive

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Stored procedures disappear
December 18, 2009 11:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.