MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Mysql 5.0 in RHEL 5.0
Posted by: Sudarshan A
Date: April 02, 2010 02:47AM

We are using MySql 5 in RHEL 5.0 for a application.The scenario is as below with regards to the problem we are facing regarding startup and stopping of mysql.

There is a NAS device of around 250 GB and two linux servers running RHEL 5.0 with Mysql and tomcat .

The data directory is pointed to the NAS device and only the applications reside in the two servers .In my.cnf ,the data directory path is pointed to the NAS device path .

The sock files are created in the respective servers in the path /var/lib/mysql .

For creating redundancy incase of a Server failure ,we have created 2 servers and the data is stored centrally ( ibddata1 ) in the NAS device .

When only one server is working ,Mysql works fine .But when both the servers are on ,Mysql gets locked and we get an error as MYSQL IS RUNNING ,BUT PID FILE DOES NOT EXIST .

And as a result Mysql doesnt start .Then sometimes after we delete the file mysql in the path /var/lock/subsys and restart again ,it works .

So ,in the final analysis ,i want to say ,that when both the servers are on and running mysql ,it gets locked .

Any suggestions and solutions or atleast ,pl let me know ,how to stop mysql from starting in linux .I tried chkconfig ,but it doesnt work.

We need both the servers to be on .

Any viable sugestions would be highly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql 5.0 in RHEL 5.0
April 02, 2010 02:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.