MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.10-2-Patch3 Available for Testing
Posted by: Alan Hahn
Date: January 27, 2005 04:30PM

This solved the "Catastrophic" error problem I was seeing on my W2000 machine.

However I still have a problem. As a test, I am using MS Excel 2000, downloading a table. If I simply download the table, everthing seems to work just fine. However if I use a selection criterion (filter) on a time stamp column, (from the EXCEL Query Wizard), I get an error message back saying the SQL syntax is wrong---near the time stamp datum. The Filter works fine (on my limited effort) on a string variable, so I assume it has something to do with the time stamp format. I have no idea if this is a known problem, since I am seeing it for the first time (since I got past the catastrophic error!). Thanks for that.

I am relatively new to this stuff. I will say however, that on a Windows XP system, with Excel 2002, the stock mySQL ODBC connector (without this patch) works just fine, as do the filters--no catastrophe (except for one time--which self cleared somehow!). I suspect you already know that. Anyway thanks -I am getting further.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.10-2-Patch3 Available for Testing
January 27, 2005 04:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.