MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

NULL TEXT value gives 'Requested conversion is not supported'
Posted by: Daniel Savstrom
Date: March 30, 2005 03:29AM

I have a kind of sparse table that contains eight columns, of which the last five are used interchangeably, the fourth being of type TEXT. The following columns are of type DECIMAL, DATETIME, VARCHAR and BLOB. When querying, the result mostly consists of several rows grouped together, and what I find is that if all the returned rows have the TEXT value set to NULL or an empty string I run into problems.

When using the QueryBrowser everything works, but when querying through OLE DB C++ the IRowset::GetData() method gives me 'Requested conversion is not supported'. The same code is working fine on Jet, SQL Server, SQL Server 2005 Express so this is a fairly well tested module.

If I add anything to the TEXT field in any of the returned rows the code works. It looks as if the column is ignored altogether.

I have the latest MDAC, MyODBC, MySQL and I am fresh out of ideas. Please help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
NULL TEXT value gives 'Requested conversion is not supported'
March 30, 2005 03:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.