MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Specified driver could not be loaded
Posted by: Andrew Burnett
Date: May 23, 2017 12:49PM

An application using ADODB to connect to a MySQL database from Excel, which was working when last used (December 2016) now fails when attempting to connect to the database. The error message is "Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (MySQL ODBC 5.3 UNICODE Driver)."

On investigating further, I see that the driver is myodbc5w.dll. I ran Dependency Walker on this and it reported two missing dlls, IEShims.dll and MSVCR120.DLL. There is a IEShims.dll in Program Files\Internet Explorer, but the other DLL seems genuinely missing though there is a file called msvcr120_clr0400.dll in System32.

I also note that my most recent Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is 2015 version 14.0.24215 which was apparently installed 15th Mar 2017. I did not install this explicitly, but as this is a later date than my MySQL Connector, I wonder if some incompatibility may have arisen. My myodbc5w.dll is version 5.3.7.0

I attempted a reinstall of the latest version of the MySql connector (having uninstalled the existing version), but this also failed, so I have system restored to undo any changes this may have brought about.

I am running Windows Vista 32 bit.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Specified driver could not be loaded
May 23, 2017 12:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.