MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MS Access crashes when opening an MySql table
Posted by: Howard George
Date: November 03, 2020 05:48PM

Hi Folks

A newbie to the forum but not MySql or the ODBC driver

I have been successfully using the 5.3 ODBC driver in MSAcess - no problem.
Though there is one annoying problem which doesn't worry me - when I link the MYSql tables - they display the content as "Deleted" - F% refresh fixes but sometimes the data is not accurate - I got around problem using ADO direct to the table without problem.

My latest problem that is beating me is I have linked to a new website project with a backend MySql - I can open ALL tables - without problem - but 1 table = Orders - links but if I try to open it Crashes Access - every time - if I do an ADO call to open for a recordset I get an error (but no other table gives error).
The problem are 2 fields in the table type JSON (essentially LongText) but MSAccess does not like - I have upgraded to the latest driver 8.0 but no success - it CRASHES Access totally without writing a log. The problem are these 2 fields as I got the web developer to create a copy of the database and remove these 2 fields - and all was fine.

Any help to work with these fields - I have tried to modify the driver through the ODBC setup but nothing works.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MS Access crashes when opening an MySql table
November 03, 2020 05:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.