MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Connection Issue: Should be simple but...
Posted by: Jason Melody
Date: March 12, 2021 02:32PM

I've been using the OBDC connector since 2008 on three Windows computers in my office. We use the connector to allow standalone UPS shipping software to connect to our website MYSQL database and pull shipping address information. We've never had any problems with this. We use on older version of the connector (3.51). I know I should upgrade and I will do so if I can resolve this current issue.

So, I just bought a new computer for the office and have everything running except the ODBC connector. We've always had a very simple install of this connector... just add the server DB IP and port, user name, password, database name and off we go. Our website server is set up to only allow connections from our static IP.

With the install (again 3.51) on new computer, I'm getting a strange error message immediately after clicking the 'test' button -

Connection Failed: [HY000] [MYSQL}{ODBC 3.51 Driver] Access denied for user 'xxx_upscon' @ 'static-71-121-182-xx.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net' (using password: YES)

(The x's in the failure message are just there for our privacy.)

The weird thing is that the 71-121-182-xx IP is our IP address. It is not the IP address I have in the TCP/IP Server field where our server is located.

This same username and password and connection method work perfect on three other computers in the office.

Any advice as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. We are stumped.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Connection Issue: Should be simple but...
March 12, 2021 02:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.