MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

automation error specified module could not be found
Posted by: brice chatelan
Date: September 23, 2021 09:18AM


Following a migration of database from MySQL server 5.0.68 to 8.0.26, I tested existing xlsm files.

On old Win10 user stations equipped with Office 2007 or 2010, no problem, the old macros have all run well with the mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.26-win32.msi driver and the new MySQL server 8.

But on the new PC Win10 + Office2016, we have the msgBox: "The method 'Open' of the object '_Connection' has failed", correspondind to the detailed error:
: Description : "automation error specified module could not be found." String: ADOMySQL.OpenConnection

I checked the additional macros and the VBA references used, they are identical on the old and new computers.

The driver is well installed in Win64 and Win32 for security; and checked via odbcad32.

If anyone has an idea, I'm interested because I don't have any more...

Options: ReplyQuote

Written By
automation error specified module could not be found
September 23, 2021 09:18AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.