MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: MyODBC - Support For Stored Procedures
Posted by: Brett
Date: May 10, 2006 05:54AM

I have exactly the same problem:

MySQL 5.0.17-nt, ASP/VBscript 5.6.8827, ODBC connector 3.51.12.

DELIMITER $$;

CREATE PROCEDURE `mytest`(IN bloggs VARCHAR(10))
BEGIN
END$$

DELIMITER ;$$

oCmd.CommandText = "mytest"
Set oParameter = oCmd.CreateParameter("bloggs", adVarChar, adParamInput, 10, "data")
oCmd.Parameters.Append oParameter
oCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
oCmd.Execute

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.17-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{ call mytest('data') }' at line 1

The error here appears to be caused by the surrounding {} braces, if I cut and paste the entire string to the client then I can repeat the error message, if I loose the {} the all is fine.

I am not sure of the correct parameter naming syntax ('bloggs' or '@bloggs') or if there is a different requirement for IN/OUT/INOUT paramters etc, but I have noticed that if used the @ is removed from the resultant sql string anyway.

If I adjust the above example for an INOUT parameter then I get no change at all in the resultant error message, however if I change it to an OUT paramter then I notice the paramters name is removed from the sql string { call mytest('') } which may or may not indicate another problem.

Another point to note is that Refresh does not seem to populate the parameters object as I understand it should, for example:

set oCmd = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
Set oCmd.ActiveConnection = oConn
oCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
oCmd.CommandText = "mytest"
oCmd.Parameters.Refresh
for each param in oCmd.Parameters
' never get here
next

So one has to guess what type a parameter should be and in this example I assume VARCHAR(10) maps to adVarChar 10 etc.

I have no problem calling the procedure via adCmdText and passing in values using the ? parameter syntax, but if I want my parameters updated then at the moment I have to either return a result set from the procedure containing the new values, or if thats needed for something else, then initialise some mysql variables first using the ? param syntax, call the procedure with them hard wired as parameters, then read them back in a second recordset, in otherwords three command executes.

Actually I have only just realised that the MySQL version above is 5.0.17 (thought I was running 5.1) but I suspect this makes no difference as I think the issue is with the ODBC connector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2006 06:22AM by Brett .

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MyODBC - Support For Stored Procedures
May 10, 2006 05:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.