Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation after .NET Connector and visual studio tools installation...
Posted by: Francisco Laria
Date: October 16, 2006 12:48PM

I'm trying to create some software with Visual Studio 2005 that connects to MySQL, and at first I tried with the Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition and got the "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error when, after installing, I tried to create a data source... So I tried by changing in the machine.config the line that the sticky suggested... But the error stayed there... Then I read here that the Visual Studio Tools don't work with the express editions, so I uninstalled the whole thing, the tools, the connector, and the the VB 2005 Express and downloaded an evaluation version of the visual studio 2005 pro to try and work from there, and I installed the connector and the visual studio tools and now I get the same "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error whenever I'm creating a data source, be it a MySQL data source or even a SQL server file or MS Access file datasource. I've tried uninstalling the tools, the connector, even the whole Visual Studio 2005 and the error it's still there, even if I don't install the connector...

Any idea on what can I do, because so far what's left for me it's to use another computer to start programming because this one is no good anymore...

Any help will be much appreciated..
Thanks!
Frank

****************************** UPDATE **********************************

Alright, so I managed to fix this... I had to uninstall the whole Visual Studio, the connector, the vs tools, the framework 2.0 and the previous frameworks that I had installed. Also I deleted the %WINDOWS%\Microsoft.NET\* folders and the Visual Studio program files and then I reinstalled the Visual Studio 2005, the .NET Framework 2.0 and finally installed the MySQL Connector Net 5.0.1 and then the Tools for Visual Studio... Then I changed the line in the machine.config file and tried adding a data source again and this time it worked...

So if anyone makes the same mistake I did or has a similar problem I hope this helps...

Frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2006 11:30AM by Francisco Laria.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation after .NET Connector and visual studio tools installation...
October 16, 2006 12:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.