MySQL Role Provider
Posted by: Raymond Mitten
Date: January 13, 2009 11:53AM

Sorry wrong area to post.

I have implimented the MySQL membership / role provider and it was successful when I run it locally via Visual Studio 2008. I then create a .sql script using the backup functionality in MySQL admin and run the script on my host server. The script executes fine and creates all the tables including the role provider table with the correct roles. However when I create a new user the roles are not available. I was successful at creating the backup once so that the roles worked so I know the VB code is correct and it also works locally so I think there is a problem in the backup script but I have not been able to reproduce a successful script and I have overwritten my good .sql file. My question is:

What are the settings in MySQL Admin Backup that I should use to get the correct information to reproduce the database correctly to get the roles to work? I feel its just some of the settings when creating the backup that are chaning the database roles somehow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 11:54AM by Raymond Mitten.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Role Provider
January 13, 2009 11:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.