Authentication error / Reading from the stream has failed
Posted by: Abraham Guyt
Date: September 15, 2015 03:29AM

Using MySql 5.6.19 and .NET Connector 6.9.7.0 I get a connection/authentication error when a client application is trying to connect to MySql server running on the same machine (Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2).

Error message:

Authentication to host <ip-adres> for user <user> using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Reading from the stream has failed.

Where of course <ipadres> and <user> contain the actual data used. This error does NOT occur when running the same executable and same credentials from another computer on the same LAN and connecting to this server.

The funny thing is that using the mysql command-line client the login works perfectly. So I know it's the combination of the MySql server and the .NET connector when running client + server on the same machine.

Changing ip-address to 127.0.0.1 or using a domain name does not matter; same error.

This error has already been reported as a bug for the server, but I suspect it's got something to do with the combination with the .NET connector (see also https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=76597).

So far no solution has been reported.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Authentication error / Reading from the stream has failed
September 15, 2015 03:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.